[openstack-dev] [Nova] nova-core cleanup

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Wed Mar 6 20:57:34 UTC 2013

On 03/06/2013 03:45 PM, Kevin L. Mitchell wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-03-06 at 15:14 -0500, Russell Bryant wrote:
>> On 03/06/2013 02:59 PM, Josh Kearney wrote:
>>> Do these stats include python-novaclient reviews?
>>
>> No, good point.  novaclient stats included below.
>
> And I'll again appeal to current nova cores to *please* periodically
> review novaclient patches.  One of the reasons I have such a high count
> is because I pretty much assume that no one else is going to, and I end
> up reviewing every patch.  Also, quite often, after I review a patch, it
> just sits there in the queue for days until jk0 pops up or the patch
> author convinces some other core to take a look.

Good point, I'm as guilty as many others about forgetting that we're
supposed to review novaclient patches.

The same problem applies to the python-novaclient bug list.  We tend to
have many more eyes on the nova bug list and python-novaclient bugs are
lucky to ever get triaged.

>>> It might be better to use 60 days in this case because of the feature
>>> freeze.
>>
>> What does the feature freeze change?
>
> Well, for myself, I tend to avoid reviewing patches right now unless I
> know they're targeted for rc1 due to feature freeze; this will
> undoubtedly reduce the review count.  I'm +1 for using a 60 day window
> right now, at least until trunk re-opens.

So, I get that review behavior is different.  Features aren't getting
reviewed.  However, there are still a lot of patches coming through to
fix bugs.  Even if the review count is lower, it's lower for everyone,
and review counts relative to each other still have significance.

I did post the 90 day stats as well, though.  It doesn't change what I'd
like to propose here.

--
Russell Bryant