[openstack-dev] Adding a new plug in to Quantum

Daisy F f.daisy25 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 19:29:33 UTC 2013

Hi,
     I wanted to add a simple plug-in to quantum.

I did the following::

1)I created a new directory with the following path
/quantum/plugins/new_dir

2)Added a python script which prints the statement as a  debug statement
when create network is clicked on the dashboard.Name of the file
is ovs_quantum_plugin.py

3)In the /etc/quantum /quantum.conf file the following is replaced

# Quantum plugin provider module

core_plugin =
quantum.plugins.new_folder.ovs_quantum_plugin.OVSQuantumPluginV2

4)When I restart the quantum server :I see the following error

ERROR [quantum.common.config] Unable to load quantum from configuration
file /etc/quantum/api-paste.ini.
Traceback (most recent call last):

 File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/quantum/openstack/common/importutils.py",
line 30, in import_class
    __import__(mod_str)
ImportError: No module named vello.ovs_quantum_plugin

Can someone clearly explain the steps to add a plug in on to the quantum
service.

Thanks,
Daisy