[openstack-dev] Keystone PTL Candidacy

Dolph Mathews dolph.mathews at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 16:06:30 UTC 2013

After contributing to keystone regularly since mid-diablo, I think it's
time to offer myself as a candidate for PTL.

I've consistently been the most active contributor to keystone for the past
4 releases [1], and regularly appear as one of the top contributors to
OpenStack overall [2][3]. I imagine I'm one of the most frequent code
reviewers to boot. Allow me to explain my motivation...

As the architectural foundation of OpenStack, keystone tends to be the
first project that users work with, and we either win them or lose them in
the process... often before they get a chance to play with the power of
OpenStack. As a result, my focus is generally on user experience at all
levels -- intuitive API's, solid docs, readable code, helpful error
messages on failure, well tested code paths, etc. I believe that getting
these things right is what makes or breaks a project in terms of community
contributions and forward momentum. We have to keep winning over new users.

With a long list of supporters & contributors, I spent the majority of
Folsom and Grizzly development refreshing the Identity API [4] and it's
client and server side implementations. As a result, we've been able to
introduce an impressive number of awesome API-level features including
domains, user groups, user-to-user delegation, user impersonation, and
multifactor authentication (a big thank you to everyone!).

With so many varied use cases, there's always room for improvement in
keystone and I'm always looking forward to making that happen. Thanks for
your support!

[1]: https://github.com/openstack/keystone/contributors
[2]: https://lists.launchpad.net/openstack/msg17006.html
[3]: https://lists.launchpad.net/openstack/msg09650.html