[openstack-dev] Nova PTL Candidacy

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Mar 5 10:02:24 UTC 2013

Dan Wendlandt wrote:
>     Also, what do you think of the idea of having some design summit time
>     where we make sure that Nova and Quantum people can be in the same room
>     at the same time?  At a minimum, we could have one session on "Making
>     Quantum the default in Nova".  If there are more Nova<->Quantum
>     integration topics, we could extend the time.
>
> I'm definitely in favor of this, and hopefully the Quantum PTL for
> havana will be as well :)

There are multiple ways of achieving this.

The "networking" track we have at the Portland Design Summit
theoretically covers Quantum *and* nova-network's future, so we could
just make sure we don't schedule anything against it in the Nova track
at the same time (or schedule something that is sufficiently orthogonal).

We could also schedule that in the Nova track, while Quantum does not
have sessions (the networking track is planned to be slightly shorter
than the Nova track).

As soon as we have the PTLs elected I'll kick off the discussion on the
topic layout for the Design summit and we can make sure we support those
joint discussions.

Cheers,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)