[openstack-dev] Akka / Pykka

heckj heckj at mac.com
Mon Mar 4 21:00:51 UTC 2013

No, not really.

The worker processes in nova, quantum, and cinder that all communicate over the Q are close-ish, and up until Grizzly they shared a lot of state information by directly communicating with a central database. This has been changing significantly with nova-coordinator, but I dont know that all the calls back and forth have everything they need passed within the message structure itself.

LIkewise, Glance, Keystone, and Swift work entirely off HTTP requests (I may be lying about parts of Glance) - so a totally different transport, but even still don't act much like actors unless you really want to squint hard at 'em.

-joe