[openstack-dev] Nova PTL Candidacy

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 16:00:58 UTC 2013

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 10:47 AM, Russell Bryant <rbryant at redhat.com> wrote:

> One area that I
> think could use some additional attention is the collaboration between
> Nova and Quantum.  I would like to step up the effort to get to where we
> are no longer maintaining two networking stacks.

+10

Instead of focusing on the ability to entirely replace internal Nova
networking with Quantum, unfortunately feature development in Quantum has
been the focus over the last two release cycles. What this has brought is a
whole bunch of new plugins and drivers as all the networking hardware
companies attempt to get in on the game, but unfortunately, it's caused
serious stability and long-term architecture problems, IMO.

I strongly support any PTL who would right this particular ship.

-jay

p.s. The above comment in no way is a slight on VIsh or Dan W. I understand
the decisions that have been made regarding feature enhancements, I just
think it's time for some housekeeping to be done.