[openstack-dev] IMPORTANT reminder about the new CLA process

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Mon Mar 4 15:50:01 UTC 2013

On 03/04/2013 10:37 AM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2013-03-04 16:15:27 +0100 (+0100), Zane Bitter wrote:
>> End of the first paragraph:
> [...]
>> (I initially assumed this was being pulled in from some other
>> location, but it appears that is actually part of the text supplied
>> by the Foundation, so it's really up to them to fix if they so
>> choose.)
> [...]
>
> I'm not sure why my eye skipped over those couple of sentences
> several times in review. But yes revisions to that text would have
> to go back through legal, followed by community notification. I'll
> bring it up with Jonathan and see if he deems it worth adjusting.

"If you have not already done so, please complete and sign this
Agreement by following the instructions embedded below. After you fill
in the required information and apply your digital signature to the
Agreement, the signature service will generate an email to you. You must
confirm your digital signature as instructed in this email to complete
the signing process. The signature service will then send you a signed
copy of this Agreement for your records." should be stricken. It's
preamble text, not actually part of the agreement. I also have no idea
why I didn't notice it.