[openstack-dev] FFE request for EC2 tags API

Stephen Gran stephen.gran at guardian.co.uk
Mon Mar 4 15:23:42 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 04/03/13 13:35, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Stephen Gran wrote:
>> I sent a mail a month ago about adding a tags API to the EC2 API, and
>> the consensus at the time was to do it by using the native API rather
>> than creating a bespoke EC2 solution.  Unfortunately, work pulled me in
>> other directions for a bit, but I've got it on review now:
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/23256/
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/23258/
>>
>> I realize these are arriving late, but we find this ability incredibly
>> useful.  They are minimally intrusive, so hopefully you'll find them
>> acceptable.
>
> I could find them acceptable if I saw them coming. There is a reason why
> we go through the hassle of targeting blueprints and tracking milestone
> and series goals: so that we know what's coming and can keep current on
> the amount of disruption that will affect final release quality. A
> number of exceptions were granted at Feature Freeze point two weeks ago,
> based on that picture.
>
> At this point, feature stuff that was not on the Grizzly roadmap in the
> last months is *very* unlikely to get an exception. We need to stop
> adding features and expanding scope to let everyone concentrate on
> bugfixing and reaching an acceptable level of quality before we release
> on April 4.

That's fair enough.  I'll try to do a better job making sure people know
they're coming if they're going to arrive late like this.  My apologies
- I didn't initally think these patch sets would land as late as they
have.  We started looking at the issue in January but didn't get time to
push these reviews until recently.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers,
--
Stephen Gran
Senior Systems Integrator - guardian.co.uk

www.guardian.co.uk    www.observer.co.uk     www.guardiannews.com

On your mobile, visit m.guardian.co.uk or download the Guardian
iPhone app www.guardian.co.uk/iphone and iPad edition www.guardian.co.uk/iPad

Save up to 32% by subscribing to the Guardian and Observer - choose the papers you want and get full digital access.
Visit guardian.co.uk/subscribe

This e-mail and all attachments are confidential and may also
be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify
the sender and delete the e-mail and all attachments immediately.
Do not disclose the contents to another person. You may not use
the information for any purpose, or store, or copy, it in any way.

Guardian News & Media Limited is not liable for any computer
viruses or other material transmitted with or as part of this
e-mail. You should employ virus checking software.

Guardian News & Media Limited

A member of Guardian Media Group plc
Registered Office
PO Box 68164