[openstack-dev] Pinning deps at RC1 (was: pyparsing 2.0 postmortem)

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon Mar 4 13:14:53 UTC 2013

Sean Dague wrote:
> I think that for sure we need to pin in stable branches, otherwise it's
> pretty bad bit rot.

About that: when we discussed this at the last Summit, the plan was to
pin all dependencies as part of the plan to produce RC1. Something like
running a script that would propose a change automatically translating
the current state into pinning, and apply that to milestone-proposed
just after it's cut, just before we tag RC1.

Any reason why we shouldn't apply that plan, in light of recent
events/discussions ?

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack