[openstack-dev] IMPORTANT reminder about the new CLA process

Zane Bitter zbitter at redhat.com
Mon Mar 4 11:11:14 UTC 2013

On 03/03/13 20:06, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> The OpenStack Foundation and Core Infrastructure Teams have
> implemented a new Contributor License Agreement process with the goal
> of streamlining the process and making it easier to become a
> contributor. All contributors will need to read and follow the
> revised steps here:
>
>      http://wiki.openstack.org/HowToContribute#Contributors_License_Agreement
>
> This also effectively severed the last tie in our code review system
> to external group management. As a result, group management now
> takes place in Gerrit instead:
>
>      http://wiki.openstack.org/Project_Group_Management
>
> Feel free to follow up to this message or find us in #openstack-infra
> should you have any questions.

A few notes I made that might prove helpful:
  - At the top of the CLA there's a whole spiel that is related to the
old EchoSign process (you'll receive an email, must click the link, &c.)
and no longer applies. To reduce confusion, it should be removed.
  - It wasn't clear to me that the contact details were required, and
indeed accepting the CLA succeeded without them, but I couldn't push
code until I added them. (Maybe chalk this up to my lack of reading
comprehension, but there you have it.)
  - When I went to update my Contact Information in the Settings, it
insisted that I set my *preferred* email to the one I used to join the
foundation. Surely if any of the registered emails are in the foundation
membership list then that should be sufficient? (Note to others having
this problem: after adding contact details, you can change your
preferred email back again provided that you leave the other contact
details fields blank while doing so).

cheers,
Zane.