[openstack-dev] [quantum] Security groups egress default behaviour

Dan Wendlandt dan at nicira.com
Mon Mar 4 04:21:44 UTC 2013

On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 7:51 PM, Tomoe Sugihara <tomoe at midokura.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 12:36 PM, Tomoe Sugihara <tomoe at midokura.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I failed to ask another question. In quantum's SG rule, there's
>> source_ip_prefix for both directions while Amazon VPC SG has source prefix
>> for inbound and destination for outbound respectively. Is that designed
>> model or oversight?
>>

> How about this point? Is this current model good to go in Grizzly?

With security groups, the IP prefix or the security_group_id should already
refer to the "remote" prefix (i.e., source for inbound rules, destination
for egress).  We had a naming discussion on the list about this a while
back, though I'd defer to Aaron or Akihiro to comment on the outcome.
 Let's chat about this more at the team meeting monday (feel free to file a
bug to track this discussion item.  thanks).

Dan

> Tomoe

Dan Wendlandt
Nicira, Inc: www.nicira.com