[openstack-dev] PTL and Technical Committee Election Time

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Sat Mar 2 14:58:59 UTC 2013

Hi everyone!

Spring is upon us, which means it's time to overthrow our leadership and
replace it with new (or the same) leadership!

First we elect PTL's, then we elect TC at-large members. So first things
first:

** PTL Candidacy Nomination Period is open from now until March 7 **

If you would like to announce that you would like to run for PTL for a
project, please send an email to openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org and
tell us. You should probably tell us WHY you're a good choice, but I'll
leave that decision up to you.

The nomination period will end at 23:59 PST March 7.

Each PTL is elected by the Active Project Contributors for the project -
which means you have to have landed a change to the project in question
in year preceding the election. We apparently still haven't amended our
process to define a person who has only reviewed code as an Active
Contributor - so if all you've done over the past year is code review -
thank you! - but you don't get a vote.

Also, to be an APC, the Foundation bylaws also mandate that you be an
individual member of the Foundation. That means that *in order to vote*
(or propose your candidacy), you additionally have to *join the
Foundation* if you haven't done so yet. The email you specify there will
be the one used in the election process. The cut-off date for joining
the Foundation to be able to participate to this election is set to the
end of day (23:59 PST), Thursday March 7. You can do so at:

http://openstack.org/join

For those of you following at home, this means we are about to have 10
(ten) different simultaneous elections. If you aren't following at home,
the following projects are electing PTLs right now:

Ceilometer
Cinder
Glance
Heat
Horizon
Keystone
Nova
Oslo
Quantum
Swift

After that, the following will happen:

March 8-14: Vote for PTL
March 15-21: Nominations for direct seats
March 22-28: Vote for direct seats

Thanks everybody!

PS. Yes. I know, we're not supposed to cross-post - but this is
important and I'm pretty sure that there are people out there who do not
read both lists. It's also a subject I'm not expecting tons of chatter