[openstack-dev] [Keystone][Oslo] Caching tokens in auth token middleware

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Sat Mar 2 13:32:33 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-03-01 at 18:32 -0500, Russell Bryant wrote:
> >> 3) Move memorycache into oslo and sync it to nova and keystoneclient:
> >>
> >> https://review.openstack.org/23306
> >> https://review.openstack.org/23308
> >> https://review.openstack.org/23309
> >>
> >> I think 3) is the right long term move, but I'm not sure if this appropriate considering how close we are to the grizzly release, so if we want to do 2) immediately and postpone 3) until H, that is fine with me.
> >
> > Well, I think 3) is the right thing to do in any case, and can be done
> > in oslo regardless of Nova's RC status.
> >
> > Not sure that 2) is really all that useful. If you are in any serious
> > production environment, you're going to be using memcached anyway.
>
> +1 that 3 is ideal.  I think this should have been done with a FFE for
> Oslo.  It got merged in Oslo already anyway, though ...

The Oslo commit merged quickly while I wasn't looking, but I when I saw
it post-merge I figured it's fine without an FFE.

It's just moving code from nova.common to nova.openstack.common
essentially. No major regression risk, no impact on users, no massive
distraction of reviewers.

Adding it to keystoneclient also doesn't need an FFE since we don't do
feature freezes for clients.

Cheers,
Mark.