[openstack-dev] [Keystone] Documenting the V2 API

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Sat Mar 2 03:07:33 UTC 2013

We currently list the V2 API as Beta.  Its time to change that.

What do we need to do in order to make this legit?   Biggest thing I
know of is to document the token API.

I have a task to document the additional calls for the PKI tokens. Those
are:

GET /certificates/signing
and
GET /certificates/ca

But I am not quite certain where to put the docs.

The docs in keystone/docs/source Seem to be lacking.  There is the curl
example page:

http://docs.openstack.org/developer/keystone/api_curl_examples.html#id3

I don't think what that returns is accurate.  We have a slew of
Metatdata things in the token now-a-days.

There is also the Identity API docs

https://github.com/openstack/identity-api/tree/master/openstack-identity-api/src/docbkx

I have not yet identified what the state of the WADL is:

https://github.com/openstack/identity-api/blob/master/openstack-identity-api/src/docbkx/admin/identity-admin.wadl

What do we need to do documentation wise before Grizzly Goes GA?

Also,  what will happen with the Markdown for the V3 API?  I've run an
HTML transform on it, and it looks very simplistic. I assume there is a
style sheet, but where is it?