[openstack-dev] OpenStack Programs

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Sun Jun 30 14:35:24 UTC 2013

On 06/27/2013 12:54 PM, Stefano Maffulli wrote:
> On 06/27/2013 05:04 PM, Anne Gentle wrote:
>> Let's do it! (On Thierry's timetable so that we get valuable practice
>> talking about onboarding programs.)
>
> Sounds good to me as long as we all agree that Localization/Translations
> are a technical issue and that they're part of OpenStack's mission to
> empower people to build clouds.

I think they are both a technical issue and important to our mission.

I also think they are currently an edge case in several ways that we
have been quite happily turning a blind eye to because there are a
couple of really hard problems to solve from a tooling perspective, and
for now we've valued getting stuff done over addressing the issues
fully. Specifically here I'm referring to the combination of the issues
of the CLA, contributor attribution, and ATC credit for translations work.

I think it's worthwhile to dive in to this - it's just important to
point out that there is a potential oubliette of amazingly exciting
conversation on the topic that everyone is going to be thrilled to have.

Monty