[openstack-dev] [Metrics][Nova] Another take on review turnaround stats

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Fri Jun 28 21:43:01 UTC 2013

On 06/28/2013 03:44 PM, Boris Pavlovic wrote:
> Russell,
>
> I have some crazy Idea, about how to make reviewing more stable.
> And how to avoid old patches at all.
>
> "Old" means that last update was more then N days ago.
>
> If there are patches that are older then N days:
> we just hide "review" button for all patches except old patches.
> When they are reviewed we return our button back. =)

Heh, yes, that is a crazy idea.

If a critical bug fix or a security patch is posted, we need to be able
to review it ASAP.

Not all patches are equal ... some things take longer because they are
bigger, more complex, or for some other reason harder to review.  In
many cases, not *all* of nova-core is qualified or comfortable with
reviewing a given change.  They should still be able to reivew the
patches appropriate for them.

etc etc...

--
Russell Bryant