[openstack-dev] [Networking] Allocation of IPs

Aaron Rosen arosen at nicira.com
Fri Jun 28 19:07:50 UTC 2013

Hi Edgar,

I'm still not following. In your original question you asked how to you
create a port and not allocate an ip address to it at all so that you can
leverage a real dhcp server to do that. In order to do that you can create
a network without a subnet but then you loose the ipam info in quantum. Or
write a script that notifies your dhcp server the mac-ip bindings each
instance should have.  Am i missing something here?

Thanks,

Aaron