[openstack-dev] [nova] Nova API extensions NOT to be ported to v3

Christopher Yeoh cbkyeoh at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 12:31:26 UTC 2013

Hi,

The following is a list of API extensions for which there are no plans to
port. Please shout if you think any of them needs to be!

baremetal_nodes.py
os_networks.py
networks_associate.py
os_tenant_networks.py
virtual_interfaces.py
createserverext.py
floating_ip_dns.py
floating_ip_pools.py
floating_ips_bulk.py
floating_ips.py
cloudpipe.py
cloudpipe_update.py
volumes.py

Also I'd like to propose that after H2 any new API extension submitted HAS
to have a v3 version. That will give us enough time to ensure that the V3
API in Havana can do everything that the V2 one except where we explicitly
don't want to support something.

For developers who have had new API extensions merged in H2 but haven't
submitted a v3 version, I'd appreciate it if you could check the following
etherpad to see if your extension is on the list and put it on there ASAP
if it isn't there already:

https://etherpad.openstack.org/NovaV3ExtensionPortWorkList

I've tried to keep track of new API extensions to make sure we do v3 ports
but may have missed some.

Chris