[openstack-dev] [Networking] devstack broken with GRE tunnels?

Kyle Mestery (kmestery) kmestery at cisco.com
Thu Jun 27 15:45:18 UTC 2013

On Jun 27, 2013, at 9:00 AM, Simon Pasquier <simon.pasquier at bull.net> wrote:

> Am I right in assuming that devstack using tunneling is currently broken due to VXLAN modifications [1]?
> In particular the tunnel_type parameter in the [agent] section is not set by devstack.
>
> Is anybody working on this issue? If not I can do it.

Actually, no, it does work with devstack. I made a devstack change [1] to allow for setting additional parameters in Quantum config. To use it, set something like this in your localrc file to make GRE tunnels work:

Control node:
Q_AGENT_EXTRA_AGENT_OPTS=(tunnel_types=gre)
Q_AGENT_EXTRA_OVS_OPTS=(tenant_network_type=gre)
Q_SRV_EXTRA_OPTS=(tenant_network_type=gre)

Compute nodes:
Q_AGENT_EXTRA_AGENT_OPTS=(tunnel_types=gre)
Q_AGENT_EXTRA_OVS_OPTS=(tenant_network_type=gre)

Thanks,
Kyle

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/30315/