[openstack-dev] [Nova]Discussion about resize and migrate status separation

John Garbutt john at johngarbutt.com
Thu Jun 27 11:05:21 UTC 2013

I haven't seen any plans to change this.

The way I see it, the states make most sense for resize, which is the
end-user facing operation.

Personally I see migrate as a more admin focused operation.
So to help simplify the code, I am OK with slightly confusing states
for those users.
The exception, I guess, is when users want to "re-balance" their
servers between availability zones.

With any luck, post refactor, it should be easier to re-visit this,
and perhaps add those extra states.

John