[openstack-dev] OpenStack Programs

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Wed Jun 26 12:28:47 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-06-26 at 14:15 +0200, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> 4. Be potentially able to define a set of projects that are "the
> OpenStack product" (markmc)

Random thought on this ...

If one of the release deliverables was e.g. a openstack.org/havana page
which included links to the tarballs of the server projects, the same
for the client and oslo libs, and also links to the docs ... then that
could be the definition of our "product".

The difficulty, of course, is that it's not actually all that useful as
a starting point for users. Does anyone install the tarballs directly?
So we'd need to make it clear that this is about documenting what's in
the official OpenStack release rather than a starting page for users.

Cheers,
Mark.