[openstack-dev] OpenStack Programs

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Jun 25 10:32:41 UTC 2013

Sean Dague wrote:
> Does everything need to live under a program to get accounted for?
> Devstack isn't really a natural fit into the existing categories. Those
> of us that work on it tend to span a lot of categories anyway. I think
> as long as we acknowledge that it's an important project, and it's
> contributors will get counted as ATCs, where it fits in, or if it fits
> in to a program isn't all that important.

Part of the rationale behind "programs" was to stop creating special
cases in the "official projects" list, and create some flexibility for
programs to add code repositories... So I would very much prefer if all
the contributions that grant ATC status fit somewhere in the taxonomy.

devstack could be its own program though, if the team caring for it is
really disjoint from Infrastructure and QA.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)