[openstack-dev] Nova scheduler sub-group meeting agenda 6/25

Gary Kotton gkotton at redhat.com
Tue Jun 25 10:27:36 UTC 2013

On 06/25/2013 04:54 AM, Dugger, Donald D wrote:
> 1)  Follow ups on the scheduler BPs
> 2)  Opens?
>
> Not really much on the agenda for this week, we'll probably have a short meeting (I'm still studying the scheduler's use of fan-out messages and the DB, I'll want to go over that in more detail once I complete my study).
>
> PS: The list of scheduler BPs is:
>
> 1)   Extending data in host state
> 2)   Utilization based scheduling
> 3)   Whole host allocation capability
> 4)   Coexistence of different schedulers
> 5)   Rack aware scheduling
> 6)   List scheduler hints via API
> 7)   Host directory service
> 8)   The future of the scheduler
> 9)   Network bandwisth aware scheduling (and wider aspects)
> 10) ensembles/vclusters

Sorry, I will not be able to attend this evening - I have to attend a
function at my daughters school. Regarding the ensembles/vclusters, we
have the following pending reviews:
     i. https://review.openstack.org/#/c/30028/ - this is the Nova API
     ii. https://review.openstack.org/#/c/33956/ - this is the scheduler
support for anti affinity (it was approved, then reverted, and started
again addressing the issues for the revert).
     iii. https://review.openstack.org/#/c/32904/ - CLI support for the
ensembles

Please let me know if you would like me to help review or test and of
the above mentioned features

Thanks
Gary