[openstack-dev] XML Support for Nova v3 API

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Thu Jun 20 15:51:32 UTC 2013

On 06/20/2013 11:20 AM, Brian Elliott wrote:
> On Jun 19, 2013, at 7:34 PM, Christopher Yeoh <cbkyeoh at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just wondering what people thought about how necessary it is to keep XML support for the Nova v3 API, given that if we want to drop it doing so during the v2->v3 transition is pretty much the ideal time to do so.
>>
>> The current plan is to keep it and is what we have been doing so far when porting extensions, but there are pretty obvious long term development and test savings if we only have one API format to support.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Chris
>>

> Can we support CORBA?
>
> No really, it'd be great to drop support for it while we can.

I agree personally ... but this has come up before, and when polling the
larger audience (and not just the dev list), there is still a large
amount of demand for XML support (or at least that was my
interpretation).  So, I think it should stay.

I'm all for anything that makes supporting both easier.  It doesn't have
to be the ideal XML representation.  If we wanted to adopt different
formatting to make supporting it easier (automatic conversion from json
in the code I guess), I'd be fine with that.

--
Russell Bryant