[openstack-dev] Gerrit's Jenkins should stop running tests after first failure

Martina Kollarova mkollaro at redhat.com
Tue Jun 18 16:43:58 UTC 2013

Jenkins keeps running all the tests, even if the basic pep8 test fails,
and runs all of the (very slow) Tempest Quantum tests, even though
almost all of them are failing.

I propose that it should fail and stop all of the other tests once there
is a failure in a voting test. For non-voting tests, it should stop only
itself, not the others.

This would decrease the feedback loop and we wouldn't have to wait for
the non-voting Quantum tests to see that they failed as always.

The nosetest tool has a parameter '--stop' which will cause it to exit
on first failure.

Martina
--
irc: mkollaro