[openstack-dev] The future of run_tests.sh

Anita Kuno akuno at lavabit.com
Tue Jun 18 15:40:50 UTC 2013

On 13-06-18 11:14 AM, Anita Kuno wrote:
> On 13-06-18 09:34 AM, Anita Kuno wrote:
>> On 13-06-18 04:59 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
>>> Personally I would introduce a TESTING file that would describe all
>>> available methods for running tests,
Actually I should point out that in my approach, I went with the minimum
instructions to get a newcomer up and running tests across (hopefully)
all projects with links that can describe all available methods for
running tests, including this link: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Testing

My motivation is to lower the barrier to entry for new contributors and
encourage them to source more efficient testing methods on their project
of choice AFTER they have experienced some form of success testing
OpenStack code.

Commentary on the validity of my direction welcome.

Thanks,
Anita.