[openstack-dev] unittests on devstack hosts

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Tue Jun 18 14:35:47 UTC 2013

On 2013-06-17 18:06, Monty Taylor wrote:
> - Should unittests work outside of a venv on a devstack host.
>
> I argue yes. I see absolutely no reason why it shouldn't work - all of
> the depends should be installed - and openstack itself is installed -
> why wouldn't running the unittests using the repos that are on the host
> work?
>
> Thoughts? Agreement? Disagreement?

I agree.  The only situation where I wouldn't expect this to work is
when dependencies change after stack.sh is run and the local Git repos
are updated manually, but that's obviously beyond devstack's control.

Is the argument here about whether to include test requirements in the
list of what devstack installs?  I didn't see the discussion on -infra
so I'm kind of commenting in a vacuum.

-Ben