[openstack-dev] [metrics] Code contribution by 3rd party consultant on behalf of a corporation

Qing He Qing.He at radisys.com
Mon Jun 17 20:50:14 UTC 2013

[Qing] my  one cent:

-----Original Message-----
From: Monty Taylor [mailto:mordred at inaugust.com]
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2013 1:39 PM
To: openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [metrics] Code contribution by 3rd party consultant on behalf of a corporation

It depends on a little bit on where you want the stats to show up.

In gitdm, there is already a place you can put a date range on a person to attach them to a company. I'd start with just putting an entry into the gitdm files showing that, for instance, Contractor A worked for Company B for the Month of May.

If you think it's conceivable that a single contractor might be working in parallel for more than one company at the same time and that we might want to track that patch C was done for Company B but patch D was done for Company E, we might need to look in to something more complex - but honestly, that seems like a kindof unlikley situation, no?

[Qing] In one situation this could happen: Contractor A gets work from multiple companies and deals out tasks (e.g., offshore) and all the tasks dealt out would be checked in under contractor A when finished.