[openstack-dev] [Swift] next release

John Dickinson me at not.mn
Fri Jun 14 23:45:10 UTC 2013

(Yes I know I'm sending this out late on a Friday.)

Here's a head's up for the next few weeks of Swift development: Next week we will be merging the last patches for the Swift 1.9 release, and we have a tentative date of June 27 for the release.

There are a lot of great features in this release, but the most important is the completion of global clusters. This release implements the last parts of this feature that weren't in Grizzly, specifically support for a separate replication network and proxy read and write affinity. We also have improvements in performance related to using threadpools for disk I/O. I'll have a full list of all the new features in the CHANGELOG when the release is ready.

Thanks everyone for your help, and I'm looking forward to getting the last patches merged next week.

--John