[openstack-dev] JSON Hyper-Schema

Christopher Armstrong chris.armstrong at rackspace.com
Fri Jun 14 00:22:39 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 4:40 PM, Mac Innes, Kiall <kiall at hp.com> wrote:

> The JSONSchema library used in the proposed review supports everything
> you see on json-schema.org..
>
> We use it in Moniker (Designate now...) and I personally *love it*. As
> you allude to, we get client side validation for free. I've been looking
> at Pecan+WSME recently and, ignoring "magic" multi-format/protocol
> support, am really not that impressed.

I'm glad to hear you're using it!

I'm interested in allowing client APIs to be almost completely
auto-generated from the schemas. Do you think that JSON Schema /
Hyper-Schema is rich enough to support this, given a schema that's defined
strictly enough?

> I do see the value in picking a framework and sticking with it - Pecan
> seems like a good fit.. I've just not been won over by WSME.

As far as I can tell, the decision to specify schemas formally with JSON
Schema is kind of independent of the low-level web framework, but I can
definitely see how it overlaps with WSME (and that's already been discussed
a bit in the other thread).

--
IRC: radix
Christopher Armstrong