[openstack-dev] [Oslo] Code review I7ec346db: Improve usability when backdoor_port is nonzero

Ray Pekowski pekowski at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 22:51:11 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 4:16 PM, Ray Pekowski <pekowski at gmail.com> wrote:

> - enable_backdoor (default is tcp sockets with port 0)
> - enable_backdoor_ipc (unix domain sockets)
> - enable_backdoor_starting_port (tcp sockets with port number hint)

Better option names perhaps:
- enable_backdoor
  * boolean option
  * defaults to port 0 and tcp sockets
- backdoor_use_unix_domain_sockets
  * boolean option
  * implies enable_backdoor = True
  * mutually exclusive to backdoor_tcp_socket_port_hing
  * forces the use of unix domain sockets and with a filename based on the
pid
- backdoor_tcp_socket_port_hint
  * integer value
  * implies enable_backdoor = True
  * mutually exclusive to backdoor_use_unix_domain_sockets
  * uses the hint as a starting point incrementing by one for collisions

backdoor_port should be deprecated