[openstack-dev] Feedback wanted on Marconi's direction, incubation

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 04:24:44 UTC 2013

On 06/13/2013 12:01 AM, Vishvananda Ishaya wrote:
> On Jun 12, 2013, at 7:38 AM, Kurt Griffiths <kurt.griffiths at rackspace.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> The Marconi v1 API recently stabilized and we plan to be feature-complete
>> for v1 within the next few weeks. It seems like a good time to apply
>> for incubation [faq], but first I wanted to get everyone's thoughts on the
>> direction of the project [proj], to make sure we are serving the
>> community's needs.
>>
>> Specifically:
>>
>> 1. Any last-minute feedback on the HTTP API? [api]
>
> We are shying away in general from putting tenant-id/project-id in the url for future versions of many openstack apis. For example the v3 compute api removes it. You might want to start from a similar place and remove it right away for v1.

++

I'd also like to see a driver for MySQL or some other relational
database that isn't SQLite...or at least know there is something
planned. There are some of us who won't be putting MongoDb into our
deployments and for whom SQLite is obviously a non-starter for
performance reasons.

Besides that, the code looks fairly clean and its a good modular design,
AFAICT. As for the whole Falcon vs. Pecan/WSME thing, I'll politely stay
out of that conversation ;)

Best,
-jay