[openstack-dev] [Heat] Autoscaling and the Rackspace Otter project

Angus Salkeld asalkeld at redhat.com
Thu Jun 13 00:44:53 UTC 2013

On 12/06/13 22:42 +0000, Randall Burt wrote:

>On Jun 12, 2013, at 5:06 PM, Christopher Armstrong <chris.armstrong at rackspace.com<mailto:chris.armstrong at rackspace.com>>
> wrote:
>
>I believe the consensus is that the work on the new HOT format and underlying design changes is a prerequisite for the autoscaling work that Thomas and I are to do, so we'll definitely help with that. I'll let someone with a better understanding chime in about that.
>
>I would like to have some more details around that dependency as well. Is there something specific we should be focused on around HOT that would facilitate easier Otter->Heat AS transition?

Seems odd that AS is dependant on the template format. I would have
thought that you could just make a native resource type for the new
autoscaler and we could start using it, then migrating the AWS style
one over too. I agree the AWS autoscaling resource might not be able to
make full use of the awesomeness of our new one but that's ok.

-Angus