[openstack-dev] Feedback wanted on Marconi's direction, incubation

Kurt Griffiths kurt.griffiths at rackspace.com
Wed Jun 12 14:38:53 UTC 2013

Hi folks,

The Marconi v1 API recently stabilized and we plan to be feature-complete
for v1 within the next few weeks. It seems like a good time to apply
for incubation [faq], but first I wanted to get everyone's thoughts on the
direction of the project [proj], to make sure we are serving the
community's needs.

Specifically:

1. Any last-minute feedback on the HTTP API? [api]
2. General thoughts/questions about our blueprints? [bp]
3. Aspects of the implementation that could be improved to better align
with other projects? [code]
4. Any specific things you would like to see included on our incubation
application in addition to--or as a refinement of--what is listed on
the template? [inc]

FYI, during the next 4-6 weeks, our QA cluster will come online and we
will start performing system, performance, and security tests as part of
our CI pipeline. Consequently, we expect the code to improve significantly
in terms of reliability, performance, security, and general polish.

Cheers,
Kurt

[faq]: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Marconi/Incubation
[proj] https://launchpad.net/marconi