[openstack-dev] Urgent PBR code reviews

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Tue Jun 11 12:54:44 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-06-11 at 08:42 -0400, David Shrewsbury wrote:
> On Jun 11, 2013, at 6:34 AM, Mark McLoughlin <markmc at redhat.com> wrote:
> > At this point, I'd suggest we delete the newer versions from pypi and
> > roll back to 0.5.11 ... if that's possible.
>
> That's not really ideal since earlier versions have a bug (that 0.5.12 was
> attempting to fix) where required python packages were not being installed.
> You wouldn't notice it unless you were trying to install from a fresh Python
> environment.

Yes, we'd have to do a follow up release with a non-regression-causing
fix for that.

https://review.openstack.org/32124 is approved, so this is all academic
at this point. I hope.

Point is that if we find we've introduced a serious regression, we
should revert the regression-causing change and approach the issue again
without the mistakes-causing pressure of "OMG, everything's broken, fix
it quick".

Cheers,
Mark.