[openstack-dev] Replacement for setuptools_git in pbr

Baldwin, Carl (HPCS Quantum) carl.baldwin at hp.com
Mon Jun 10 21:19:09 UTC 2013

Monty,

I grabbed your code from the review and gave it a try.  You seemed to have
fixed it!  Dependencies were installed and the client runs.  Just to be
sure, I tried the same procedure with the pbr master branch and found it
still broken for me.

This commit fixed the problem that I was seeing where the client's
dependencies were not installed:

	commit c69b38633903945f25297410d0a870fb3ea4cc3f
	Author: Monty Taylor <mordred at inaugust.com>
	Date:   Wed Jun 5 11:40:13 2013 -0400

	Use pip instead of easy_install for installation.

	If we're running the installation of dependencies for installation
	ourselves anyway - just use pip and be done with it. This means
	that our requirements will get installed consistently regardless of
	whether we're using pip, python setup.py install or a tox environment.

	Change-Id: If92557a33a76553ad36bd136fa87780857a894b1

Looks like there is a Jenkins job failure on the job but I put a link to
that review from
https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-quantumclient/+bug/1187452.

Thanks,

Carl