[openstack-dev] Moniker renamed to Designate, and applies for Incubation.

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Mon Jun 10 12:58:13 UTC 2013

My Qs:

Is HPCS Hewlett Packard Cloud Services?

Why apply to incubate now, every time I've asked about DNS before it
sounded like it was a subproject under Networking? What changed the
perspective on this?

What other pluggable drivers are possible for DNS (and how many exist now)?
I just see Ryan's planned driver.

Do you integrate with metering already or is it in your plan?

Looks like you still have name changing to do for the documentation.

How updated is the DNS solution comparison document referred to on the wiki
page?

Anne

On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 4:01 PM, Mac Innes, Kiall <kiall at hp.com> wrote:

> Hey Everyone,
>
> First up - Moniker has been renamed to Designate. This was a precautionary
> measure to avoid potential legal issues..
>
> Next, and most importantly :) After more emails and conversations than I
> can count asking when we would do this, Designate is applying for
> incubation[1].
>
> For those who don't know Designate, we provide a "DNSaaS" integrated with
> OpenStack and following OpenStack conventions. We're also the software
> behind HP Cloud DNS[2].
>
> Please feel free to bombard us with questions :)
>
> Thanks,
> Kiall
>
> [1]: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Designate_Incubation_Application
> [2]: https://www.hpcloud.com/products/DNS