[openstack-dev] [networking] Review for OVS+VXLAN patch requested

Kyle Mestery (kmestery) kmestery at cisco.com
Fri Jun 7 21:18:29 UTC 2013

Hi folks:

I've addressed all the concerns on this patch, and after consulting with Bob, we've decided to make this one simple for now: The patch enables VXLAN (the VXLAN in the Open vSwitch code itself, without multicast support) OR GRE tunnels, not both at the same time. Thus, it no longer changes the RPC calls between the agent and server. We'll do that work as part of ML2. I've added a new config option for the agent (tunnel_type), which has resulted in the agent not needing the "enable_tunneling" variable, as it can now tell if tunneling is enabled or not if a "tunnel_type" is set.

I'd appreciate some eyes on this, and hope this can go upstream soon!

Thanks!
Kyle

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/30319/