[openstack-dev] Generic resource allocation API

John Garbutt john at johngarbutt.com
Fri Jun 7 10:17:19 UTC 2013

I like the idea of having a generic consumable resource on the hypervisor.
You could use things other than PCI passthrough to pass disks or graphics
cards to the host.

Is there anything beyond extraspecs and the current resource allocator
logic that is required here?

Not sure about using it for resources you can over provision though, like
CPU or Memory though. That seems to be a separate class of thing already
handled quite well. Also leaving memory and CPU a special primary resource
in the flavor seems good from an interop point of view.

John