[openstack-dev] Nova RPC regression

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Jun 5 19:44:53 UTC 2013

On 06/05/2013 03:35 PM, Dan Prince wrote:

> [...]

Wait, I'm confused. SmokeStack doesn't report back by itself?

> I'm happy enough with the turn around here... just wondering if a slight config change to our upstream gating system might help out here. Right now we already spin up two devstack-gate instances for each zul run (one with quantum, one without). Why not take one these and spin it with a Fedora 18 Qpid setup? Seems like a simple change and we'd have this covered without too much issue.

I don't know that anyone's specifically opposed to that. The work just
needs to be done. I do think there was concern from the CI team of
chasing ephemeral distros. The roll back from 18 - 9 months of support
on Ubuntu releases has meant our devstack nodes are going to hang out on
LTSes. Fedora support windows are still < 1 year?

I do however wonder if on the RPC subsystem it's something that could be
better accomplished through isolating via a unit test like approach run
against real rpc daemons. There really is a lot that's untested in the
RPC layer that would be good to get exercised better.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net