[openstack-dev] Make Secgroup extension fully compatible with Quantum as part of V3

Mac Innes, Kiall kiall at hp.com
Wed Jun 5 14:17:26 UTC 2013

On 05/06/13 14:30, Day, Phil wrote:
> The problem we hit is that as soon as someone within a project starts to use features that are only exposed in the quantum API it can get really confusing for the folks that haven't moved yet.
So.. What about having the floating-ip extension return a "Please Use
Quantum" error if it encounters as Quantum specific feature in-use?

Extending nova's floating IP extension to support, for example, egress
rules will likely cause confusion for those who are still on
nova-network.. In other words, I think the potential confusion goes both
ways.

Thanks,
Kiall