[openstack-dev] [diskimage-builder] rpm installing issue on fedora cloud image

Ivan Berezovskiy iberezovskiy at mirantis.com
Wed Jun 5 12:36:17 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have an issue with installing rpm packages while creating fedora cloud
images.

I created my own element that setups package from "rpm" on fedora cloud
image. This element contains only directory install.d and single
excecutable file is as follows:
yum install wget -y
wget $url_to_rpm_file
rpm -i $rpm_file (rpm -ivh $rpm_file, rpm -ivh --replacefiles $rpm_file)

The command used for image creation:
url_to_rpm_file="some_address" disk-image-create vm fedora my_element -o
image_name

Setup went well, rpm has been installed, but after "Writing superblocks and
filesystem accounting information: done" I got error:

"mv: reading `/tmp/image.puHvpkTq/built/proc/sysrq-trigger': Input/output
error
mv: failed to extend `/tmp/image.puHvpkTq/mnt/proc/sysrq-trigger':
Input/output error".

After that image creating hangs. I tried to use function
"install-packages", but result was the same.

Do you have any thoughts on that?

Thanks, Ivan.