[openstack-dev] Who owns the centos gate for oslo?

Jay Buffington me at jaybuff.com
Tue Jun 4 18:48:37 UTC 2013

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 3:09 AM, Michael Still <mikal at stillhq.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 7:11 PM, Mark McLoughlin <markmc at redhat.com> wrote:
> > The eventlet on PyPI basically doesn't work on RHEL6 right now because
> > we (Red Hat) screwed up by not taking monkey patching into account when
> > backporting an API from python 3. Nova has a hack to workaround this and
> > I've just proposed that we add this to oslo-incubator.

I don't think the eventlet guys were clear on what the issue was.  I nudged
them
and earlier today there is a pull request with a patch I believe they are
happy with:
https://github.com/eventlet/eventlet/pull/34

This issue is currently effecting quantum when it uses the keystoneclient
which
shells out to openssl:

  [*snip*]
  File
"/usr/local/csi/share/csi-quantum.venv/lib/python2.6/site-packages/keystoneclient/common/cms.py",
line 41, in cms_verify
    output, err = process.communicate(formatted)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 729, in communicate
    stdout, stderr = self._communicate(input, endtime)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 1330, in _communicate
    self.wait(timeout=self._remaining_time(endtime))
TypeError: wait() got an unexpected keyword argument 'timeout'

Hopefully they will merge and release a new eventlet to pypi soon
and we can have this issue behind us.

Jay