[openstack-dev] Migration to pbr breaks setup.py install in python-quantumclient

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Tue Jun 4 18:36:21 UTC 2013

On 06/04/2013 01:20 PM, Baldwin, Carl (HPCS Quantum) wrote:
> By the way, I filed this as a new issue against python-quantumclient.
> Would very much like to get this resolved so that version 2.2.2 can be
> released.  Can we back out the migration and release 2.2.2 without it?
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-quantumclient/+bug/1187452

The bug is due to an interaction with old setuptools. If you create your
virtualenv with the --distribute flag (this is how tox and OpenStack CI
create it) it should work fine for you.

For distro installations, distro packages should be able to install a
reasonable version of setuptools/distribute first.