[openstack-dev] [Murano] Release 0.1a announcement

Georgy Okrokvertskhov gokrokvertskhov at mirantis.com
Mon Jun 3 17:04:35 UTC 2013

Hi Community,

I am glad to announce the release of Murano - Windows DataCenter as a
Service implementation for OpenStack. This is the first alpha release which
is available on Launchpad for downloading and testing. From the
functionality standpoint it has all the features targeted for 0.1 version.

The key features are:

   -

   Active Directory Service roll-out. Deploys multiple Domain Controllers
   per Active Directory Domain.
   -

   IIS Server Instance. Provisions a Windows Server 2012 VM with IIS
   service installed. The machine could be automatically added to the domain
   if AD Service is configured in the environment.
   -

   IIS Cluster. Provisions multiple Windows VMs with IIS which are added to
   LoadBalancer (HAProxy instance).
   -

   ASP. NET application. Provisions IIS Instance or IIS Cluster and
   installs ASP.NET application from a git repository to all IIS instances.

For the next two weeks Murano team will be focused on testing and
stabilization and we plan to roll out 0.1 stable version on June 17th.

We’ve populated all currently known issues on Launchpad. If you’ll be
trying alfa version and find any issue, please file a bug on Launchpad and
refer to 0.1a version.

Murano Launchpad links: https://launchpad.net/murano

Project Blueprint: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Murano

Thanks