[openstack-dev] [Keystone] Use JSON Schemas to validate API requests data

Bruno Semperlotti bruno.semperlotti at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 09:11:59 UTC 2013

Hi,

As a first contribution, I recently worked on a small bug about bad error
response when passing incorrect parameters in API requests
(#1110435<https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1110435>
).
There is also this other bug about bad application behavior when API
requests data are incorrect or missing
(#999084<https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/999084>
)

My point is that no systematic data validation seems to be made when
receiving API requests, leading to potential unwanted behavior or
instability.

I am working on a prototype to enable simple validation of all API requests
data using json schemas and the python package
jsonschema<https://pypi.python.org/pypi/jsonschema>
.

As I am new in the openstack community and also because my work uses the
json schema specification which is still a draft with a new package
dependency, I was looking for some feedback about this idea before going on
and filling a blueprint.

Regards,

--
Bruno Semperlotti