[openstack-dev] [glance] Image client service tools

Mark Washenberger mark.washenberger at markwash.net
Sat Jun 1 17:08:30 UTC 2013

Hi Ghe,

My first thought aligns with yours--this code should be moved into
glanceclient rather than oslo.

However, after digging a bit deeper I'd love to find out why this code even
needs to exist in the first place. It seems like every reason it exists is
actually just a deficiency in the feature-set of the glanceclient library
that already exists. So instead of porting this code to glance, would it be
possible to port its features to existing code in glance client, and use
glanceclient directly instead of wrapper code in nova, cinder, and ironic?

Partially just thinking out loud. . .