[openstack-dev] [Neutron]Connecting a VM from one tenant to a non-shared network in another tenant

Salvatore Orlando sorlando at nicira.com
Wed Jul 31 14:41:33 UTC 2013

Hi Sam,

is what you're trying to do tantamount to creating a port on a network
whose tenant_id is different from the network's tenant_id?
We have at the moment a fairly strict ownership check - which does not
allow even admin users to do this operation.

I do not have a strong opinion against relaxing the check, and allowing
admin users to create ports on any network - I don't think this would
constitute a potential vulnerability, as in neutron is someone's manages to
impersonate an admin user, he/she can make much more damage.

Salvatore