[openstack-dev] Openstack Service requirement

Ravi Chunduru ravivsn at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 02:38:21 UTC 2013

Hi,
 I was designing a Openstack service that listens on notifications
generated from Nova, Neutron etc., for our custom needs to monitor and act
up on events.
I have an interesting observation from openstack perspective and I would
like to know community thinking about it.

By the time an openstack service starts, it would have missed some
notifications.  How do we deal with it?

For example, Designate(DNSaaS) starts and by that time some VMs got
created, it would loose to update the DNS servers for those VMs.
Should any openstack service such as Designate  call openstack APIs and get
existing configuration?

Ravi