[openstack-dev] Guidelines for resource names in nova?

Sumanth Suresh Nagadavalli sumansn at thoughtworks.com
Tue Jul 30 10:27:49 UTC 2013

Hi All,

Recently I have come across a bug in launchpad/nova which states that,
while creating flavors, leading/trailing spaces around flavor names is
currently allowed and expected not to be allowed. Bug reference -
https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1206396

I want to extend this to other resources in nova also. I have following
questions -

1. What are the other restrictions we should put on a resource's name,
apart from extra spaces?

2. Should we define a guideline for names and other attributes while
creating resources?

--
Sumanth N S